Tips on Bali
- Uluwatu & Kuta are the beach’s to surf
- If you like to party all night stay in Kuta but remember, getting arrested in Indonesia for illegal drug possession will ensure you never see the light of day or your mamma again.
- It will take you at least an hour to get out of Kuta by car due to the traffic so I would suggest staying in Ubud.
- Hire a driver, doesn’t cost much and you have your own tour guide.
- Avoid the money changers they will short-change you. Use the banks or ATM’s.
- Monkey Forest is a poor excuse for a tourist site unless you like monkeys. Avoid it.
- Although there were two terrorist bombings in 2002 and 2005 killing 220, Bali is a safe place to visit. Check your embassy webpage.
- If you want to know about some cool places to visit: Veronica has it covered here: http://confessions-of-a-nomad.com/
- If you want to know about the best places eat? http://thelulife.com/